injured as passenger in UTV

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lil_mo

lil_mo

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:38 AM

I was a passenger in a Razor (4-wheel high performance ATV). Woman driving drifted off the road in a corner, at high speed. Lost control, flipped twice before landing upside down in ditch. I have broken arm and sustained head injury. The owner of the vehicle said he wasn't aware she had taken it. To my knowledge, no reports were made. My insurance is asking for my auto ins. info.

\r\n

What am I required to provide? Who is responsible for filing a police report? And is the owner of the vehicle involved?   (The driver was his girlfriend)

\r\n

I am in Colorado

#2 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,067 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:30 AM

lil_mo said...

My insurance is asking for my auto ins. info.\r\n
\r\n

I assume you mean your medical insurance carrier is asking for info about your auto insurance.  Correct?

\r\n
lil_mo said...

What am I required to provide?\r\n
\r\n

Insurance contracts typically require that the insured cooperate in the insurer's efforts to be reimbursed by responsible third parties or other insurance that might have liability.  If my assumption above is correct, I cannot conceive why you wouldn't provide the requested information (although I have doubts that your own auto insurance would provide any coverage).

\r\n
lil_mo said...

Who is responsible for filing a police report?\r\n
\r\n

The only person who can file a police report is a police officer.  If you're asking whether anyone has any obligation to report this incident to the police, I doubt it.

\r\n
lil_mo said...

And is the owner of the vehicle involved?\r\n
\r\n

I don't know what you mean by this.  It seems to be a factual question, and you obviously know all the relevant facts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users