Fireworks

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tovar7

Tovar7

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:33 AM

My sister was injured in a fireworks accident on the 4th of July 2012. Our neighbors had illegal fireworks and when my sister and I came home from the store they lit one in the street. Right when it popped a piece of the firework hit my sister in the face. Immediately she started bleeding severely and my cousin called the ambulance. The neighbors came over saying that if their firework had hit my sister and then they ran inside their house. The police arrived and confiscated some fireworks from the neighbors. My question is, since my sister was taken to the hospital in an ambulance, can we have the neighbors pay for the ambulance bill?

\r\n

Thank you

#2 Fallen

Fallen

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 58,973 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:49 AM

I'd be thinking in terms of more than just the ambulance bill, but this is something your sister would discuss with a personal injury attorney.

I'll echo PG's advisory "warning" with a twist: (Many) legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here might not fully identify or explain the ramifications of your particular problem. I do not give legal advice as such (and such is impermissible here at any rate). Comments are based on personal knowledge and experience and legal info gleaned over a quarter century, and every state has differing laws on and avenues to address most topics.  If you need legal advice, you need to consult (and pay) a professional so that you may have someone to hold accountable.  Acting on personal and informational advice from a stranger on the internet is a bad idea -- at least not without your own thorough due dilience/research and confirmation as it applies to your situation.  :)

#3 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,369 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:50 AM

Tovar7 said...

The neighbors came over saying that if their firework had hit my sister. . . .\r\n
\r\n

Huh?

\r\n
Tovar7 said...

since my sister was taken to the hospital in an ambulance, can we have the neighbors pay for the ambulance bill?\r\n
\r\n

I'm not sure who "we" are.  The person(s) who were setting off the fireworks are clearly liable for the damages resulting from your sister's injury (I can hardly believe you think the answer might be otherwise).  Once she has fully recovered, she (or your parents if your sister is a minor) should speak with those persons about covering the bills and, if they refuse, should speak with a local attorney about a personal injury suit.

#4 FindLaw_Amir

FindLaw_Amir

Platinum Contributor

• Moderators
  • 62,345 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:33 AM

I agree with the previous poster, this is something your sister may want to discuss with a local Personal Injury Lawyer.
FindLaw's Legal Heads-Up! newsletter can provide you with the legal resources you need to make informed decisions when law touches aspects of your everyday life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users