i want my money

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pete79

pete79

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:34 AM

i hello my name is pete, i had a accident 2 yrs. ago and now i went ahead to sign the settlement papers. but its been 1mth and a week and no response for my check whats the law in texas tht thay have a certain amount of time to give me my check.. or can i just tell my lawyer to keeping on sponging out more money sinse i havent recived my check

#2 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,897 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:37 AM

What does the settlement agreement you signed say about how long the other party has to pay you?

\r\n

What did your lawyer say when you called and asked when you'll be getting your money?

\r\n

P.S.  In any future posts, please try and pay attention to proper capitalization and punctuation so that we can more easily read and understand what you write.

#3 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:15 AM

Did the settlement you agreed to state when you will be receiving your check?

#4 KrysKrat

KrysKrat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:36 PM

Did the settlement you agreed to state when you will be receiving your check?

This. And did it say that you would be receiving any money directly? Is there anything in the agreement detailing how the settlement is to be paid out? Sometimes there are companies who have paid out funds on your behalf (for example, your personal medical insurance) that must be repaid out of the settlement proceeds, and then any remainder would be yours.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users