Rock in soup cracked my tooth - pain!!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lobochino

lobochino

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:08 PM

I had dinner at a restaurant last night with a friend, the soup I ordered came late so I took it home. When I arrived home I began eating the soup with my mom and when I bit down there was a huge crunch and pain in my back molars on the right side. I fished out a tiny rock from my mouth which was in the soup and I apparently bit into. As the night progressed, the pain in one molar got worse and worse, so I took a small mirror and thoroughly checked my molar and realized it was cracked in several places forming a triangle. This chunk of tooth looks like it might fall out, and it's about 1/3 of my molar. If it falls out it will expose the nerve. I've had pain with eating, drinking water, and even trying to simply sleep last night was a nightmare since every heart beat was felt in my tooth with pain. I called my dental emergency line and am waiting to get a call back to go in and get this looked at. Do I have any legal rights here? I'd like some advice as I don't know what to do. Thank you for your time.

#2 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,336 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:33 AM

lobochino said...

Do I have any legal rights here?\r\n
\r\n

Of course you do.  Did you really think that there was any chance that you might have no legal rights?

\r\n
lobochino said...

I'd like some advice as I don't know what to do.\r\n
\r\n

We can't give you advice.  Obviously, you need to see a dentist ASAP.  Once you get your tooth fixed (or while you're waiting), call the restaurant and report what happened and let whomever you speak with know that you'll be expecting the restaurant to pay for your dental expenses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users