Jump to content


work injury

  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lynnea3703


    New Member

  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:44 AM

I work in a private prison in Az. I am a CoRrectional Counselor. Last week I went to the imate Recreational yard to assist with inmate pat downs. As I reached the rec yard another officer came up to me grabbed me picKed me up about three feet in the air in a big bear hug and then lost his balance and fell on top of me,  I landed on the sidewalk as my head cracked. Immediately I knew it was the worst thing that had happened to my head ever...as I am 55 years old. I have been doing prison about 20 years and know better than to engage in this type of horseplay so I could not believe this young officer did this. Other officers were present. The first thing the officer said was get up get up. It took me a minute but they were trying avoid a medical emergency. One of the witness officer immediately began arguing with the officer that did the act and he said he was going to tell. At that time I had a huge bumb on my head and was not feeling well so we went to the Captain ....and the Work Comp report insued. Now it is becoming a hostile workplace as those two officers are going at it and no witnesses that I gave were required to write an information report. Thhe witnesses included 4 staff members and 50 inmates. Yesterday , my superviser call me into his office to sign a PSN [write-up] that the officer and I were hugging on the yard and we fell down, Iwas furious and told him he better get infomation reports from the witnesses and get the facts straight as this is not what happened. I received a c-scan at the hospital and there were no brain bleeds but a bad contusion and the day after the accident my neck swelled up and had to go back to the doctor as I was concerned about it. They told me it was most likely whiplash. I have a constant headache now and not felt well since. I feel I am being discriminated against because I am older and not in the prison ''good old boy network'' that is prevalant there. Little do they know who they are dealing with as I will talke this to the SUPREME COURT....straight up wrong...these idiots. The day it happened on the way out of the facility one of the four Wardens came up to me and said, Ms. A YOU SHOULD HAVE PICKED YOURSELF UP,DUSTED YOURSELF OFF, AND KEPT ON GOING..THIS, IN A WORKPLACE THAT REQUIRES YOU TO REPORT WORPLACE ACCIDENTS.....SOOOOO WHAT TYPE OF LAWYER CAN I CONTACT AS THIS IS ALOT OF BS I AM ALL OF A SUDDEN GOING THROUGH BECAUSE ANOTHER EMPLOYY DID AN UNSAFE ACT ON ME......TX LA



#2 Fallen


    Platinum Contributor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,138 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:52 AM

I've no clue what to tell you other than to (i) seek medical care vs. just ... not seeking it, and (ii) file a workers' comp claim and get a workers' comp attorney.  (I would hope that last part would be clear given the topic and where you posted, but ...)



I'll echo PG's advisory "warning" with a twist: (Many) legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here might not fully identify or explain the ramifications of your particular problem. I do not give legal advice as such (and such is impermissible here at any rate). Comments are based on personal knowledge and experience and legal info gleaned over a quarter century, and every state has differing laws on and avenues to address most topics.  If you need legal advice, you need to consult (and pay) a professional so that you may have someone to hold accountable.  Acting on personal and informational advice from a stranger on the internet is a bad idea -- at least not without your own thorough due dilience/research and confirmation as it applies to your situation.  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users