Jump to content



  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 baddad


    New Member

  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:45 PM

Who or how can you get a felony sentence be changed from consecutive to concurrent for a misdemeanor in the state of Washington?

#2 RetCopPrlgl


    Silver Contributor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:27 AM

You can't get a felony conviction changed to a misdemeanor conviction.

You also can't get consecutive sentences changed to concurrent sentences.

Aside from that, I'm not real clear on what you're getting at.

Anything involving the sentence or unfairness of it, has to be addressed through an appeals process.

I am not an attorney. My comments are made based on my training and experience as well as diligent research.  I am also not perfect, therefore, I will accept constructive criticism, if tendered with respect.

#3 pg1067


    Platinum Contributor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,357 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:43 AM

Your question makes very little sense.  First of all, you cannot get "a felony sentence" if you are convicted of a misdemeanor.  As for whether one can get consecutive sentences changed to concurrent sentences after those sentences have already been imposed, that depends on a the relevant facts of the case (in particular, whether there is still time to appeal the convictions and/or the sentences).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users