Placing of flyers on vehicles

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 shazbattkropotni

shazbattkropotni

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:38 PM

Imagine my astonishment upon being informed that it is a criminal misdemeanor in
Nevada to place a business flyer upon the windshield of a vehicle! I'm told this consti-
tutes an act of vandalism!

As this action is an effective tool for direct marketing, I want to know if indeed there
is a law on the books of Nevada forbidding this!

Thank you.

Stephen Palmer

#2 RetCopPrlgl

RetCopPrlgl

Silver Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:19 AM

shazbattkropotni said...

informed that it is a criminal misdemeanor in Nevada to place a business flyer upon the windshield of a vehicle! I'm told this consti- tutes an act of vandalism!
TInformed by whom ?

I think you're going to find out this is more of a local ordinance rather than a State law.  Every Incorporated City, and each individual County can pass their own ordinances that limit, restrict, govern, or prohibit handbill placement within their corporate limits.

It's doubtful that it would be considered an act of vandalism, as placing a handbill generally doesn't create any damage to property constituting vandalism.

You would be well advised to contact either the City Manger, or the County Manager, depending on where you are located, to determine what the ordinance is concerning the placement of handbills.

I am not an attorney. My comments are made based on my training and experience as well as diligent research.  I am also not perfect, therefore, I will accept constructive criticism, if tendered with respect.

#3 RetCopPrlgl

RetCopPrlgl

Silver Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:21 AM

Sorry. That should have been "Informed by whom" not "Tinformed".

I am not an attorney. My comments are made based on my training and experience as well as diligent research.  I am also not perfect, therefore, I will accept constructive criticism, if tendered with respect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users