• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 blass2009

blass2009

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:53 AM

Writing on behalf of my daughter who resides in Jacksonville Fl 32216
She needs an attorney. I'll go over her charges shortly. Issue I am having, as a parent, of course I am concerned and want to help her (she's 20). I've spoke to one attorney in the area and of course, fee needs to be addressed. The fact is, I do not have the funds at this time to even pay down payment. I am gainfully employed and can make monthly payments but most attorney's or law firms will not be willing to work with me. Here are her charges:

1- Statute: 810.02(3)(B) Description: BURGLARY / DWELLING - NOT OCCUPIED - NO ASSAULT / BATTERY - NO WEAPON

2-Statute: 539.001(8)(B)(8)A Description: GIVING FALSE VERIFICATION OF OWNERSHIP OF PAWNED ITEMS/FALSE ENTRY/VAL < $300

3- Statute: 812.019(1) Description: DEALING IN STOLEN PROPERTY

Serious charges yes. The bottom line is, if I cannot find a good attorney to represent her, AND accept the case based on the fact that I can only come up with a fraction up front; my daughter will most likely have to go to court with public defender and most likely will do time even though this is her first offense.

Advice?

#2 Fallen

Fallen

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 58,954 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:27 AM

The message boards aren't the place to look for an attorney, I'm afraid.  You need to try the "find a lawyer" feature here or elsewhere, or contact the local city/county bar association (there'd likely even a criminal lawyer bar association too).

You'll have to keep looking around for someone willing to accept payments.  Meanwhile, obviously, she ought to avail herself of the public defender's office.

I wouldn't presume what the outcome would be regardless of whether she has a PD or a paid attorney.  (I presume she did what she's accused of doing, otherwise you wouldn't already be "going there" in terms of supposition.)

I'll echo PG's advisory "warning" with a twist: (Many) legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here might not fully identify or explain the ramifications of your particular problem. I do not give legal advice as such (and such is impermissible here at any rate). Comments are based on personal knowledge and experience and legal info gleaned over a quarter century, and every state has differing laws on and avenues to address most topics.  If you need legal advice, you need to consult (and pay) a professional so that you may have someone to hold accountable.  Acting on personal and informational advice from a stranger on the internet is a bad idea -- at least not without your own thorough due dilience/research and confirmation as it applies to your situation.  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users