not allowing females to work at night.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nevooma

nevooma

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:21 AM

i have been bartending at this establishment for almost a year. the reason i am not allowed to work the busy weekend evening shifts is because im a girl. it would not be taking away hours from anyone. it is not that im unable to handle the volume...what can be done about this? in wisconsin

#2 Fallen

Fallen

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,117 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:24 AM

I'd feel free to file a complaint with the EEOC and state equivalent.

I'll echo PG's advisory "warning" with a twist: (Many) legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here might not fully identify or explain the ramifications of your particular problem. I do not give legal advice as such (and such is impermissible here at any rate). Comments are based on personal knowledge and experience and legal info gleaned over a quarter century, and every state has differing laws on and avenues to address most topics.  If you need legal advice, you need to consult (and pay) a professional so that you may have someone to hold accountable.  Acting on personal and informational advice from a stranger on the internet is a bad idea -- at least not without your own thorough due dilience/research and confirmation as it applies to your situation.  :)

#3 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,242 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:44 AM

Hold on a second.

Has your boss really told you that he (I assume it's a he) won't let you work as a bartender (at a place which, I assume, like most bars, is frequented by far more males than females) during particular shifts solely because you're female?

Even if that is the reason, it's awfully hard to imagine that someone would be so dumb as to come out and say it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users