withholding video evidence

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 upandunder

upandunder

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:57 AM

State of Missouri, police and prosecutor withholding video evidence (dash cam) from defending counsel. We have been to court and the prosecutor said he would send all evidence to defense attorney right away. Video evidence never arrived.

At the next court appearance the prosecutor and his assistant were acting as if they could not get video to come up on their laptop, saying their copy must be defective. But the police has a copy they will have to get it from the police.  Judge takes a recess to allow the assistant to go downstairs to police to get video. But for some reason she returned without video...

At that point I feel defense attorney should of asked that the charges be dropped.

I do not know what happened because defendant was being fingerprinted.

Why does defendant had to be fingerprinted for misdemeanor charges without being arrested?

When defendant returned to court their lawyer was in hallway and said they were going to have to wait to get the video.  Don't know why.

I am beginning think that maybe the attorney is in on it. Can we get another attorney currently?

What can we do to get video?? 

#2 FindLaw_Amir

FindLaw_Amir

Platinum Contributor

• Moderators
  • 62,345 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:44 AM

upandunder said...

Can we get another attorney currently?

Requesting a new one would be a good start.

upandunder said...

What can we do to get video?? 

Requesting the video and if not available, letting the judge aware of this would be helpful.

Best of luck.

FindLaw's Legal Heads-Up! newsletter can provide you with the legal resources you need to make informed decisions when law touches aspects of your everyday life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users