married and separated with kids

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sadman312

sadman312

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:12 PM

I live in California and my wife went to Arizona about 11 years ago with our kids and we are still married. I have tried to get into contact with them for many years and i just recently got into contact with them for a year. Everytime i want to have one of my kids visit for the summer she says no, but we each are the parents and we are still married. My son even wants to come visit me and she told him no. My son got into trouble and is in Jouvenal hall, and i tried to call to talk to him on his visiter calling night and the employees said i couldnt talk to him because his mom said so, can she do that? she doesnt have any kind of custody over him.

#2 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,892 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:39 AM

said...

I live in California and my wife went to Arizona about 11 years ago with our kids and we are still married.

Why haven't you or she filed for divorce?

sadman312 said...

My son got into trouble and is in Jouvenal hall, and i tried to call to talk to him on his visiter calling night and the employees said i couldnt talk to him because his mom said so, can she do that?

Apparently, she did do this, so it would seem obvious that she can.

sadman312 said...

she doesnt have any kind of custody over him.

Of course she does.  She is his mother.

When two people are married and separated and there is no divorce pending, both parents have equal custodial rights.  In other words, unless there is more to this story (e.g., any chance that she filed for divorce and you didn't find out about it?), your wife has no more rights regarding yoru children than you do.  That she has apparently kept you and them separated for 11 years is largely a result of your own inaction.  I suggest you contact a local divorce attorney.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users