Jump to content


inheritance tax

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Aivey25


    New Member

  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:35 AM

My mother passed away in nov 2011. She did not have a will. The house was left to my mother and I by my father who is also deceased. He passed away feb 2007. I am now trying to get help with filling out the inheritance tax papers and setting up an agreement to pay them. She was 40,000 behind in taxes and I need to also switch the deed in my name to set up a low income agreement to keep my house out of sheriff sale. I need help and advice on how to take care of this.

#2 Tax_Counsel


    Platinum Contributor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,444 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:13 PM

The details of the taxes owed and what state's law applies (you didn't mention the state) matter in determining how to best deal with this. I suggest you see a tax attorney for some guidance on this.

#3 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:29 AM

I agree with the previous response, you may want to consult with a local Tax Lawyer to advise you on this issue. I also suggest you read Inheritance Law and Your Rights.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users