Trespass to mobile home park

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 concerned_momof2

concerned_momof2

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:31 AM

I am a tenant of a mobile home park in Illinois.  Recently a new park manager has been trying to eliminate kids that don't reside in the park from being there.  The problem is my son has several friends that aren't residents and the manager has now served them all with trespass notices saying they aren't allowed to enter the entire mobile home park.  This stems from the children apparently cutting through a tenants yard, the tenant called the police and now all the children are trespassed.  I've been told since its private property basically the manager can do anything he wishes.  Is this true?  I'm concerned because one kid imparticular doesn't have such a great home life so we've taken him under our wing to make sure he has a place to sleep at night and is fed.  Now he isn't allowed to come to our home.  I think this is completely biasis since I'm not allowed to pick who is allowed at the manager's home.  How can he control who visits my home, I feel this is a violation of my rights as a homeowner even if it is a mobile home.

#2 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,242 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:49 AM

Read what your lease says about visitors.

#3 concerned_momof2

concerned_momof2

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:28 AM

There isn't anything directly applying to guests or visitors in my lease.  It just states that "tenant will conduct himself and require other persons on the Manuafactured Home and/or Lot with his consent to conduct themselves in a manner that will not affect or disturb his neighbors' peaceful enjoyment of the Manufactured Home and/or Lot."  But the child being trespassed wasn't under my supervision when he received this notice. 

#4 cencalatty

cencalatty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:47 AM

You can't have it both ways.  Either this boy is your guest, and therefore, you are responsible for his actions (per your lease), or he isn't your guest, and therefore, he is trespassing.  So, before anyone can give you any helpful advice, you need to decide where you fit in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users