My HOA

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Smilely_1955

Smilely_1955

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:24 PM

I  would like to build a patio, using paver stone, in my back yard.  My HOA requires that I request in writing an architectural  impovement request.   What's confussing to me is that the HOA is requesting a copy of my property survey prior to approving the architecturl request. for the patio. 

My understanding is that a property survey will identify my property line.  This information should be required if I was installing a fence around my property.

If someone could possible explaine to me why I would need property survey to build a patio using paver stone in my back yard.

#2 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,392 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:45 AM

Your post doesn't appear to raise any legal issue.  We have no idea why your HOA made a particular request.  Ask someone at the HOA.

#3 Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*

Guest_FindLaw_Amir_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:13 AM

Have you contacted your HOA to get a second opinion? Also, you may want to read What Homeowners Associations May Regulate.

#4 KrysKrat

KrysKrat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:20 PM

The only thing I can think of is possibly to see how close the patio you are planning comes to the property lines so they can make sure it meets any set-back requirements. The property lines would be pertinent in that situation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users