Banishment

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ga_relicman

Ga_relicman

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:59 PM

In July 2009 I was convicted of perjury In superior court of Washington County, Georgia. I was sentenced to a 10 do 5. Counting my county jail time I served a total of 3 years 2 months an 2 days and was banished from Washington County and four other county's. I don't have any violent or habitual crimes on my record. My mother is in a nursing home there and I can't even go see her. She's 86 years old and has a home there that I could live in. I need somewhere to live and have a home I could live in if I could go back to Washington County. I don't see how they can banish me because of perjury. Is it legal to banish someone in Georgia because of a perjury conviction?

#2 GuessAgain

GuessAgain

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,074 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:39 PM

GA does allow banishment from a specific county or counties within the state.  It is surprisingly common and it has been upheld as constitutional by that state's supreme court.  It is is legal as long as you were not banished from the entire state.  You will need to consult counsel on how to request a reconsideration of this term of your parole.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users