paid for services not provided

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tact09

tact09

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:54 AM

We are a small business and have recently paid in full for 2 different services, however, services were never provided nor has the issues been resolved by either company. We are interested in knowing what we should do - one amount is $3k owed to us & the other amount is $9000 owed to us. One more thing we think is important: we are in different states than the companies which we paid yet not been provided with services they promised. Thank you

#2 Fallen

Fallen

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 58,939 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:15 AM

Not precisely clear what you expect folks to say.  As for "should" ... if they've been notified of the breach of contract and refuse to fix or acknowledge there's anything to fix, and assuming you want your money back, sounds like you ought to be talking with an attorney to sue them for a refund.  The fact that you're in two different states isn't relevant if they do business in your state (which they have done by doing business with you).  Unless the contract says you agree jurisdiction for disputes will be their state, not sure what the issue is there.

You didn't ask, but I think you ought to be talking with a local attorney about sending them a demand letter.

I'll echo PG's advisory "warning" with a twist: (Many) legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here might not fully identify or explain the ramifications of your particular problem. I do not give legal advice as such (and such is impermissible here at any rate). Comments are based on personal knowledge and experience and legal info gleaned over a quarter century, and every state has differing laws on and avenues to address most topics.  If you need legal advice, you need to consult (and pay) a professional so that you may have someone to hold accountable.  Acting on personal and informational advice from a stranger on the internet is a bad idea -- at least not without your own thorough due dilience/research and confirmation as it applies to your situation.  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users