roles of lawyers

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 pl_peaches

pl_peaches

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:36 AM

what is the difference between the role of the lawyer as a legal agent and as a moral agent?

#2 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,812 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 02:55 AM

I have never heard a lawyer described as a "moral agent."  In fact, I'm not even sure what that means.  Since this question is pretty clearly a homework assignment, one must assume this is some concept that has been discussed in your class.  Thus, you'll have to do your own homework and not expect others to do it for you.

#3 pl_peaches

pl_peaches

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:33 AM

i am not asing aone t do my homewrk fisto al i have lready wrtten wai though asfaras that ges, i am just hoping smeone else has some insght on this and any resources where more info can be found

#4 FindLaw_Sarah

FindLaw_Sarah

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,654 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 07:09 AM

Are you referring to instances when an attorney has a conflict of interest? Can you provide an example to further illustrate your question? Under certain circumstances, attorneys have a duty to report illegal conduct committed by the client or withdraw from representation due to criminal activity. You can check FindLaw's Choosing the Right Lawyer for information. Good luck.

#5 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,812 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 07:25 AM

pl_peaches said...

i am not asing aone t do my homewrk fisto al i have lready wrtten wai though asfaras that ges, i am just hoping smeone else has some insght on this and any resources where more info can be found

May I suggest that you proofread what you write and use proper capitalization and punctuation?  This is almost impossible to read.

In any case, as I said before, I've never heard of a lawyer referred to as a "moral agent," so I don't even know what that term might mean.  Therefore, I have to conclude that it relates to some concept that you discussed in whatever class you're taking and which is unique to that class.

Your original post is obviously a homework question, and simply asking the question that way can only be interpreted as a request that others do your homework, and that sort of thing isn't going to be well-received anywhere.  If you want to tell us how you have answered the question (which presumably will explain what "moral agent" means), we can give you feedback.

#6 pl_peaches

pl_peaches

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted --

thank you, i will check out that web site

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users