father turning children against mother

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 llucky

llucky

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 01:16 PM

My brother has been a bully, verbal abuser, liar and manipulator for many years.  I am his older sister and have stop speaking to him for that reason.  My sister-in-law is now divorcing him due to the verbal abuse, they have shared custody of the 3 children.  My brother is telling my parents, her parents, friends and anyone that will listen that the mother is a bad mother.  This is not true, I am a witness to that and to his abusive ways.  The 15 year old has just told the mother that he wants to live with the father and my brother came and got him in the middle of the night.
What can I do to help her, I am worried that my brother is trying to take all the children away from her.
I know how tormenting my brother's verbal abuse can be as he has abused me for years, I know how manipulating my brother can be and my parents do not believe me
Any advise please.  The state is California, the city is Penryn.
Thank you.

#2 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,392 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 03:16 AM

llucky said...

My brother is telling my parents, her parents, friends and anyone that will listen that the mother is a bad mother.  This is not true

Whether is a "good mother" or not is completely subjective -- a matter of opinion.

llucky said...

What can I do to help her

You can support her emotionally and financially to the extent you are willing and able.

llucky said...

Any advise please.

We can't give you (or your sister-in-law) legal advice (see the Community Guidelines and Terms of Service of this site).  We can provide general information about the law if you ask questions.  The best advice for her would be to retain the best lawyer she can afford.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users