PR Deed

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 autumnrain61

autumnrain61

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 05:48 AM

I done my Probate for my Uncle, and had help almost to end from a probate lawyer, but then felt he was not communicating so did closing.  I was never told to change name over to my Mom and I would need a PR deed filed.  So I need to know how much would it cost me to have an attorney do this step for me, is this easy to do and something I could do?  I am trying to do this cheap as my Mom is elderly and I am disabled so don't want to spend alot.

#2 autumnrain61

autumnrain61

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 05:50 AM

By the way I am in Colorado in Adams County

#3 Fallen

Fallen

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59,785 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 05:56 AM

We cannot know from here what some unknown real estate attorney might charge for a deed, and it's not clear whether the probate case was actually closed.  I'd check with a real estate attorney as to the question of whether the will itself may act as a transfer document in your state.  Even if it won't, preparing a deed to sign the property from the estate over to you and your mother shouldn't cost a lot of money.

"I am trying to do this cheap as my Mom is elderly and I am disabled so don't want to spend alot. "

Technically, it's an expense that could have been covered by the estate, but you don't say whether the real property was the only asset.

I'll echo PG's advisory "warning" with a twist: (Many) legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here might not fully identify or explain the ramifications of your particular problem. I do not give legal advice as such (and such is impermissible here at any rate). Comments are based on personal knowledge and experience and legal info gleaned over a quarter century, and every state has differing laws on and avenues to address most topics.  If you need legal advice, you need to consult (and pay) a professional so that you may have someone to hold accountable.  Acting on personal and informational advice from a stranger on the internet is a bad idea -- at least not without your own thorough due dilience/research and confirmation as it applies to your situation.  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users