ccp1161.2,

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tizznic

tizznic

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:03 AM

i just recived a ccp 1161.2, from the court what dose this mean and what is the next move?

#2 Fallen

Fallen

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 58,976 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:14 AM

My crystal ball is busted today, I'm afraid. 

I'm not clear why you'd think that was enough information to give a meaningful response (even if you thought you posted on a state-centric message board).  Pretty please, provide more information (let's also assume what the court sent was in English vs. Navajo as well and not even a little self-explanatory; you ought to provide some details there as well).

I'll echo PG's advisory "warning" with a twist: (Many) legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here might not fully identify or explain the ramifications of your particular problem. I do not give legal advice as such (and such is impermissible here at any rate). Comments are based on personal knowledge and experience and legal info gleaned over a quarter century, and every state has differing laws on and avenues to address most topics.  If you need legal advice, you need to consult (and pay) a professional so that you may have someone to hold accountable.  Acting on personal and informational advice from a stranger on the internet is a bad idea -- at least not without your own thorough due dilience/research and confirmation as it applies to your situation.  :)

#3 tizznic

tizznic

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:31 AM

Hello i answered a unlawful detainer last week this week the court sent me a notice to defendant of filing an unlawful detainer case. pussuant to CCP 1161.2, this notice is to inform you that an unlawful detainer action has been filed in the san bernardino court naming you as party to this action. my question is what happens next and what is the usual time frame?

#4 Guest_FindLaw_Pierre_*

Guest_FindLaw_Pierre_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2010 - 02:42 PM

That notice has all the relevant information on it. That is the whole purpose behind "service of process". To serve you with information about what the process is going to be. Please refer to the documents sent by the court. Nobody will be able to give you any time lines, as far as what to expect because every situation is different.

Here is a great step by step regarding UD's from the County of Santa Barbara.

If you have specific questions about your situation, please seek the advice of local counsel to protect any property rights you may have. Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users