Jump to content


illegal court orders support

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PreciousGold


    New Member

  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 09:46 AM

In california, my ex and his attorney did what they wanted for over 8 years. (his father had been a judge. (attorney) they ignored that I had been disabled by social security for over 10 years, and,stopped my spousal support, to "encourage me to get a job." I was never able to work in the 20 yr marriage. can i get  support now, because the court retained jurisdiction, or based on their perjury and fraud, telling judges I "didn''t want to work? Please help, after 6 years w/no support, barely surviving, family has had to help me.

#2 pg1067


    Platinum Contributor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,365 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:49 AM

Your post is full of conclusions and allegations and includes virtually no facts.  If the court retained jurisdiction to award spousal support, then you presumably can seek to make that happened.  Beyond that, a claim by one spouse that the other spouse "doesn't want to work" is neither perjury nor fraud.  It's nothing more than an argument, which you could have rebutted.  Consult local counsel.

#3 FindLaw_Michelle


    Platinum Contributor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,587 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:05 AM

Here is a basic resource on divorce (FindLaw) that might be useful.  As mentioned, it would be best to consult with a local divorce attorney (FindLaw Lawyer Directory) to determine what options are available to you and your next steps.

Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users