breaks during a 8 hour shift

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 savannnah

savannnah

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:11 AM

Ohio laws regarding breaks during a 8 hour work day. If employers are required by law to give one 15 minute break and a 30 minute lunch break. What is the law exactly on this subject.

#2 Fallen

Fallen

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59,465 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 05:56 AM

None of those three "sentences" were actually sentences; you may want to do a little work on that.

I doubt Ohio law requires breaks of any kind whatsoever beyond allowing you access to a bathroom (and federal law does not address this issue); you'd have to check with the state labor dept.

I'll echo PG's advisory "warning" with a twist: (Many) legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here might not fully identify or explain the ramifications of your particular problem. I do not give legal advice as such (and such is impermissible here at any rate). Comments are based on personal knowledge and experience and legal info gleaned over a quarter century, and every state has differing laws on and avenues to address most topics.  If you need legal advice, you need to consult (and pay) a professional so that you may have someone to hold accountable.  Acting on personal and informational advice from a stranger on the internet is a bad idea -- at least not without your own thorough due dilience/research and confirmation as it applies to your situation.  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users