short paycheck

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sa7938

sa7938

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 07:11 AM

my paycheck was over $500.00 short...do i have a right to request my pay now or do i have to wait til next payday

#2 Fallen

Fallen

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59,940 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 05:51 AM

What makes you think you can't "request" the pay now?  :)  That said, if they say "No, it was a clerical error and you'll have to wait," it is what it is.  The state labor dept. folks won't waste resources on a single incident; if it happens a lot, file a complaint. 

I'll echo PG's advisory "warning" with a twist: (Many) legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here might not fully identify or explain the ramifications of your particular problem. I do not give legal advice as such (and such is impermissible here at any rate). Comments are based on personal knowledge and experience and legal info gleaned over a quarter century, and every state has differing laws on and avenues to address most topics.  If you need legal advice, you need to consult (and pay) a professional so that you may have someone to hold accountable.  Acting on personal and informational advice from a stranger on the internet is a bad idea -- at least not without your own thorough due dilience/research and confirmation as it applies to your situation.  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users