Window coverings

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 begoniahouse

begoniahouse

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 03:50 AM

Is a landlord responsible for providing window blinds or window coverings in a rental house in California?

#2 raguscat

raguscat

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 05:04 AM

You must check the contract between landlord and tenant.  What does it say about window covering being provided?  This should be done before contract is executed(signed).

#3 Fallen

Fallen

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,042 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 05:06 AM

I can't fathom any law or ordinance requiring this (though if it's a single family home subject to an HOA, some HOA rule may require ... but that doesn't mean landlord's ultimately responsible for them).

I'll echo PG's advisory "warning" with a twist: (Many) legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here might not fully identify or explain the ramifications of your particular problem. I do not give legal advice as such (and such is impermissible here at any rate). Comments are based on personal knowledge and experience and legal info gleaned over a quarter century, and every state has differing laws on and avenues to address most topics.  If you need legal advice, you need to consult (and pay) a professional so that you may have someone to hold accountable.  Acting on personal and informational advice from a stranger on the internet is a bad idea -- at least not without your own thorough due dilience/research and confirmation as it applies to your situation.  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users