Orthodontic Financial Agreement

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 HoosierMom

HoosierMom

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:59 PM

My son is scheduled to have braces put on his teeth next week.  We have visited the orthodontist twice thus far.  The first time for a free evaluation, (during which we were told that my son needed braces), and the second time for a mold to be made of my son's mouth.  As I said, we are to go back next week for braces to be applied, however, I have decided that I do not care for this orthodontist personally and I wish to use another orthodontist instead.  The agreement states that it is for "24 month comprehensive treament", but it in no way breaks down the costs by specific service, equipment, supplies, labor, etc.... Since the braces have not been applied, am I legally bound to the agreement?

Thanks much!

#2 Ted_from_Texas

Ted_from_Texas

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,022 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 12:57 AM

If you signed a contract for "24 months of comprehensive treatment" you are bound to honor that contract.  Whether you can terminate the contract early and if so, how much you'll have to pay, depends on the terms of the contract itself.  If the language in the document is confusing or ambiguous, or if it's silent on the subject of termination, you need to show it to a local contract attorney who can tell you how your state laws apply, and your possible options.

#3 HoosierMom

HoosierMom

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 01:09 AM

Thank you for your help.  I will do that.

#4 FindLaw_Michelle

FindLaw_Michelle

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,587 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:54 AM

I have provided a few resources on contracts and consumer protections that may be useful in your research.
Here is a list of Contracts attorneys (FindLaw Lawyer Directory), contact one in your area and discuss the terms of the contract between you and the orthodontist.

Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users