fixing my stove

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 angelross80

angelross80

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:15 AM

Yesterday evening i was in the middle of cooking dinner, on my electric stove. Well the larger eye on the stove sparked at me, blew flames and smoke then the whole stove stopped working. I then called my husband into the house from working outside, he is an electrician for the army so he does know how to work on things. He looked at my stove and saw that it was fried, so i then called my land lord over to the house and she got very angry that my husband stopped it from sparking anymore by taking that part of the stove off. She proceeded to curse at us and said that she wont fix it now until Monday. I have a 2 year old child here now with no way to fix him anything, what shall i do?

#2 LegalwriterOne

LegalwriterOne

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:51 AM

Getting a repairman out to look at it on Monday is more than reasonable on the landlord's part.  They don't have to call a repairman out that day to fix something and it's possible it can't be fixed which means there'll be even more delay.  If you absolutely have to cook on a stove top, invest in a small coleman stove.  Microwaves are cheap as well for a temporary substitute for baking or just eat out. 

#3 angelross80

angelross80

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 08:10 AM

well the problem is this, i pay 675 a month in rent, she has about 35 mobile homes in this park, it is a small part that you can get at the local hard ware store, she just refuses because i opened the top of the stove to show her what is was doing, and as for a microwave i do have one but i dont buy things to cook in the microwave, i chose to feed my kids a well balanced meal, not something that is going to make them obese.

#4 GuessAgain

GuessAgain

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,099 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 08:20 AM

The landlord is only required to repair within a reasonable time.  It doesn't mean immediately and a couple of days falls well within that. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users