Paint between tenants

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 srpowers

srpowers

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 02:20 AM

Are landlords required to paint property between tenants?  I was told that this was a requirement by a previous landlord, that he was required to paint due to potential health hazards (his example was TB).

#2 Fallen

Fallen

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59,526 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 06:50 AM

"Are landlords required to paint property between tenants?"

There is no national law on this.  :)  I also know of no state that requires it, but you'd have to research your own unnamed state's laws. 

"I was told that this was a requirement by a previous landlord ...."

Not sure how TB would have anything to do with paint, but I suspect this landlord was shining you on as it related to charging you for repainting?  Otherwise, doesn't make a lot of sense.

I'll echo PG's advisory "warning" with a twist: (Many) legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here might not fully identify or explain the ramifications of your particular problem. I do not give legal advice as such (and such is impermissible here at any rate). Comments are based on personal knowledge and experience and legal info gleaned over a quarter century, and every state has differing laws on and avenues to address most topics.  If you need legal advice, you need to consult (and pay) a professional so that you may have someone to hold accountable.  Acting on personal and informational advice from a stranger on the internet is a bad idea -- at least not without your own thorough due dilience/research and confirmation as it applies to your situation.  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users