Condo Water Leak

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jeffers55

jeffers55

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 04:00 PM

I live in a condominium south of Boston Ma.  I have had a problem with water leaking into my unit from the rain for the past two years.  Every time it rains my drywall gets wet and it is now stained.  Management has had contractors look at the outside of the building to find the leak but noting has worked.  I do not think enough had been done by management to fix the problem however.  I have also been told by management for the past two years that they will fix the outside but the inside damage is my responsibility to repair.  This does not seem right because the outside of the building has caused this damage. There have also been problems with the flashing on decks that have caused other leaks in the building.  I know condos are treated like houses in the aspect that the owner is responsible for a lot of things.  Is there anything I can do to get the damage to my unit fixed by the association when the leak is finally fixed?  I feel like management does not want to pay for the repais and is lying to me.   Also the damage is being cause by a common element and that is something I have no control over.   I am thinking of taking legal action if nothing is done by management.   Any advice would be very helpful.   Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users