• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MakMauser

MakMauser

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 07:10 AM

Hello!

I am unfortuately in the midst of a rather nasty neighbor dispute. After installing a new privacy fence (and moving it ~2' further back onto my property from the old one), my neighbor and his animals have done considerable damage. The small Ohio village in which I live has informed me that there are no criminal charges that can be filed. So my question is this:

1) If I have my property surveyed to find the exact boundaries and confirm that the fence is solely on my property, can I do the following:

a) draft a letter with a stated deadline demanding that the neighbors remove all of their "items" that are on my property. I would mail it certifed to insure delivery and have documentation to that effect. The "items" include sheet metal, rocks, concrete and plywood that they have tacked up onto the back side of my fence in an attemp to contain their animals.

and

B) Remove their "items" myself from my property with no fear of any legal repercussions should my neighbors fail to meet that deadline.

Any and all input would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Tom

#2 FindLaw_Sarah

FindLaw_Sarah

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,654 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 08:38 AM

Thank you for posting to FindLaw Answers. Has your neighbor confirmed that your privacy fence is not on your property? Take a look at Title 53 of the Ohio Revised Code. Since laws vary upon jurisdiction, please provide a little more background information which includes your state. You can check FindLaw's Learn About the Law page to research different topics of law. The links below will take you to sites with useful information.

You can also continue your research here:
Good luck.

#3 MakMauser

MakMauser

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 09:29 AM

The village is Cleves, Ohio in soutwestern Hamilton County. The neighbor has not conceded anything, hence the reason why I am considering the survey.

Thanks Again,

Tom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users