• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 exbellperson

exbellperson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:50 AM

In California.  If you own your mobile home, but rent your space, can they legally evict you for being two months behind in your space rent?

#2 Fallen

Fallen

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,119 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:01 AM

This is really a landlord-tenant issue, but of course you can have your tenancy terminated if you're behind on the rent.  While they can't force you to leave your mobile home in a traditional way since you aren't renting the mobile home, they can address making you move the mobile home, which is in and of itself an eviction of sorts.

I suggest you contact local county tenant resources with basic queries if you cannot locate online:

http://www.dca.ca.go...appendix3.shtml

http://www.dca.ca.go...ook/index.shtml

I'll echo PG's advisory "warning" with a twist: (Many) legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here might not fully identify or explain the ramifications of your particular problem. I do not give legal advice as such (and such is impermissible here at any rate). Comments are based on personal knowledge and experience and legal info gleaned over a quarter century, and every state has differing laws on and avenues to address most topics.  If you need legal advice, you need to consult (and pay) a professional so that you may have someone to hold accountable.  Acting on personal and informational advice from a stranger on the internet is a bad idea -- at least not without your own thorough due dilience/research and confirmation as it applies to your situation.  :)

#3 exbellperson

exbellperson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:19 AM

Dear Fallen,

Thank you for the information and your time.

Sincerely,

exbellperson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users