Bar fight in IL

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tlk181

tlk181

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:36 PM

I broke up a fight at a bar in IL, IN THE process one of the fighters fell on my knew and tore acl in my knee . Docs say I will be out for a month, I got health insurance , but is there any thing I can do for lost wage.

#2 Fallen

Fallen

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59,940 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:09 AM

I'm not sure what you're really asking here, but given the board you chose to post on ....  Someone falling on you doesn't mean that a court would hold them liable for an injury you sustained because they did so.  I presume you aren't a bouncer, for instance, and were just some third party who decided to step in (at your own risk).

I'll echo PG's advisory "warning" with a twist: (Many) legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here might not fully identify or explain the ramifications of your particular problem. I do not give legal advice as such (and such is impermissible here at any rate). Comments are based on personal knowledge and experience and legal info gleaned over a quarter century, and every state has differing laws on and avenues to address most topics.  If you need legal advice, you need to consult (and pay) a professional so that you may have someone to hold accountable.  Acting on personal and informational advice from a stranger on the internet is a bad idea -- at least not without your own thorough due dilience/research and confirmation as it applies to your situation.  :)

#3 pg1067

pg1067

Platinum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,837 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:56 AM

Did someone directly attack you, or did you make a voluntary choice to involve yourself in an altercation that otherwise did not involve you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users