All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

  1. Past hour
  2. Thank you for the advise to "move on". I have, to the U.S Dept. of Justice Civil Rights Department. Any other advise?
  3. thank you so much for answering my questions about the extradition process...i do understand it much better. So you are saying thats its best if he waives his extradition on the 24th?? Also how long will they wait to hear from VA before they will decide to release him or not if they havent heard from them already??
  4. Today
  5. I now have a backup of my old computer, and for $1,500 or so I can have a forensic examiner search for evidence that she accessed my emails. She sent an email to my sister in which she references something from one of the emails, which I would contend she would not have known other than searching my emails. So, the big question is whether to spend the money to get the proof. My criminal defense lawyer isn't interested for the trial, and my divorce lawyer says people snoop each other's emails all the time and family court doesn't care. He also doesn't think the police are going to do anything to investigate a complaint like that. So the big question is this, if there is both a federal and state law that she is violating and I have the evidence and file a complaint is it likely to go anywhere or is the $1,500 spent a total waste?
  6. Yesterday
  7. Your mother? Not likely. You? Also not likely. However, the more action you take regarding the property (including paying property taxes), the more likely it becomes possible for someone to make an argument that you ought to have liability. The bottom line for you is that, if you want to take action regarding the estate, you should make sure you do so properly by retaining counsel. However, if you just want to wash your hands of everything, then do so fully. Issues for whom? If you wash your hands of all this, not for you.
  8. After you're picked up on the warrant, the arresting state notifies the state that issued the warrant. That state then must send what's called a governor's warrant indicating that they wish to have the defendant extradited and they intend to come get him. If there hasn't been a hearing before the 24th, then that hearing is likely to determine if the defendant waives extradition. If he doesn't, then there will be another hearing if the governor's warrant hasn't been received yet. When they get that warrant there will be a hearing to determine if the defendant is the person named in the warrant. If they don't get a governor's warrant or get notice that the other state doesn't wish to extradite, they will ultimately release the defendant BUT that doesn't take care of the warrant OR the underlying charges. He can still get picked up on the warrant every time he's contacted by police and repeat the process ad infinitem. The ONLY way to clear the warrant is to surrender to the issuing court. There is no statute of limitations on a warrant.
  9. I would say that is a true statement. That is really what I wanted to know. However, if something were to happen, say someone was injured on my Brother's property and filed a lawsuit or etc. could any liability come back on my Mother or myself if the estate is never probated? What if the estate is never probated and the property taxes did get paid by the family living there currently, any issues that might come from that scenario? Thanks again, John
  10. As I mentioned previously, if you want to obtain a child support order, you will have to prove that the man from whom you are seeking support is, in fact, the father of the child. It may be very simple to do that. For example, you mentioned that the alleged father's name is on the child's birth certificate. It is often the case when a child is born to an unmarried woman that, in order for a man to be identified on the child's birth certificate, both the mother and the alleged father must sign an acknowledgment of paternity. If that happened in your case, then establishing paternity will be no problem for you. On the other hand, if the facts are different, establishing paternity may be more difficult (i.e., you might need to get the court to order a DNA test). Not quite sure what you mean by this. I'm not in Arizona, so I don't have any insight into Arizona procedures beyond what I or you could ascertain from googling the subject. If you can't get the information you need in this way, I suggest a visit to a county law library.
  11. hello......I really appreciate you answering my post/question. My question about an extradition is does the state, which is PA, when the Police run your name & a warrant from another state comes up, which is VA, the police take you to jail for the warrant im another state but you have nothing ever in PA....does the extradition process start then(I heard was 30 days to come pick him up but correct me if im wrong please) They say he has a hearing in the cambria county courts on the 24th of Aug but for what because the warrant is in VA?? He got picked up Aug. 14th so Im wondering if his time started then or after this hearing on Thursday Aug. 24th?? I hope I made myself alittle clearer than the initial post. Just dont know how VA or PA laws work with this extradition process. It is for a misdemeanor charge also. Thank you!!
  12. The father and I have a verbal agreement about visitation although he is not consistant in paying child support. There is no issue about visitation. His name is on my son's birth certificate and paternity is not in question. He is my son's father. So, I'm asking if I still need to prove to the court that he accepts paternity? Is that the reason for filing the Paternity Petition. I am trying to represent myself in court since I don't have the funds to get an attorney. Thank you for your answer.
  13. It was completely unnecessary to make that comment.
  14. Your friend definitely needs to take his copy of the trust to a trust attorney to have the trust attorney review it to help your friend figure out what his options might be. Especially to look at the provision that what happens if the home were sold--will the beneficiaries get to split that money or not?
  15. Court date? Implying that you have already been sued? You only alluded to a threat of a lawsuit yesterday. Please clarify. And if you have been sued, what date is court?
  16. With all the other problems you are having with your employer maybe you'd just better behave yourself and take the calls lest they figure out a way to fire you.
  17. How often is this happening? How long are the phone calls?
  18. Thanks for your input; I now have enough information to move forward. I am making an appointment with both a tax attorney and a real estate attorney. Again, thanks to all above for taking the time to advise me.
  19. Stay in what house? For how long? Who is the trustee of this trust? Nothing in your post suggests that you need any help with this situation, but we certainly can answer questions. Ummm.... What do you mean by "if it isn't"? You just said that you know it's bullshit. Are you saying you don't really know that? Let's get this "rights are violated" nonsense out of the way. For starters, your friend had no right to receive anything from his grandfather. His grandfather could have left all his money to a charity or some homeless guy. Instead, your friend's grandfather chose to leave something to your friend, but apparently conditioned that on your friend doing something. That means your friend has a choice. He can choose not to do that thing and forego the money. Or he can do the thing and receive the money. There's nothing illegal or violative of any rights in that. I could walk up to you on the street and say, "hey...I'll give you $1,000 if you dance around and make ape noises for 5 minutes." I certainly cannot legally force you to do that. Rather, you have a choice. You can tell me to pound sand, in which case I'll keep my money. Or you can do as I ask and I'll be obligated to give you the money. Your friend's situation is essentially identical. As for your comment about the state taking the house or forcing a sale, that makes no sense. Why would the state be involved in this situation at all? Why would he review it with you? You obviously aren't a trust attorney. I agree, however, that it would be smart for your friend to review the trust with an attorney. First of all, nothing in your post suggests that you have the slightest bit of knowledge about trust law. Moreover, this situation has nothing to do with you, so who cares what you say about this? If your friend simply wants to accept this situation, that's his call to make.
  20. What does "not made by the book, etc." mean? And how do you know this? By the way, are you actually contemplating a situation which he gives you $X00,000 in cash (as opposed to a check)? Yes. You can accept whatever you want. Whether you'd be putting yourself in jeopardy of something obviously depends on how you answer my questions above. Might be a good idea to seek advice from a local real estate attorney.
  21. Was this your wife or a girlfriend? If the former, have you divorced or filed for divorce? Apparently neither have you. Why are you continuing to communicate with her family and friends? Anyone can sue anyone for anything, anywhere. Defamation is a false statement of fact that is made to at least one person other than the subject of the statement, which statement is potentially harmful to the subject's reputation and which, in most cases, results in actual monetary damages. Statements made in the context of legal proceedings are typically privileged against defamation claims. I'll let you draw your own conclusions, but it doesn't sound to me like you would succeed. You might be able to recover these things in an abuse of process or malicious prosecution suit, but you'll probably spend more than a few thousand suing, and those fees wouldn't be recoverable. Probably best just to let this all go.
  22. No. Why would he do that? Moreover, why would you think the judge would have the slightest idea that the other party to the accident happened, coincidentally, to have bailed your son out? It is incredibly unlikely that this fact would have been introduced into evidence at your son's trial and, if it wasn't, there's no reason why the judge would know about it. Your son certainly can discuss this with his attorney, but I suspect the answer he'll receive will be a lot like what I just wrote. Moreover, if your son had an objection to this judge handling the case for this reason, the objection should have been made immediately after the judge's identity was learned.
  23. How could anyone here possibly know? Do you think we are privy to the terms of her contract? When your daughter posed this question to her realtor, what response did she receive?
  24. BURGERALY sounds like a high end burger restaurant. I assume the word you intended was BURGLARY. Fines? Plural? What are these fines for? Since you didn't tell us who "they" are, it's impossible for anyone here know to guess what "they" might do. Why don't you ask "them"?
  25. In any future posts, normal sentences would be better. I assume what you're trying to tell us is that you had a child out of wedlock and the man you claim to be the father is blindly accepting your assertion that he is the only man with whom you had sex around the time of conception. Correct? As for your question, I'm not sure what you mean by "file for child support only." Obviously, in order to obtain a child support order, you'll have to establish paternity. Likewise, you'll at least implicitly have to be the custodial parent. If you're asking whether you're required to seek an order giving the alleged father visitation, the answer is no. Of course, nothing would stop him from requesting such an order.
  26. Anyone can sue anyone for anything, but such a lawsuit would be beyond frivolous and could result in your son (and any attorney foolish enough to take the case) being sanctioned. By the way, "sign[ing] a blank title transfer document" was a rather foolish thing to do.
  27. Your question is so vague that the only possible answer to the question, as written, is yes. #2 doesn't make any sense. #1 appears to be an attempt to create a life estate. If you are personally involved in this situation, and if your posts are any indication of your writing ability, I strongly suggest that you consult with a local real estate attorney so that this gets done correctly.
  1. Load more activity